Skip to main content

Summer Splash Tour Week 7 - Leslie Conzatti


This week on Kristan's Desk I feature author Leslie Conzatti and her books.  Leslie describes herself as a manic writer and voracious reader, and her blog, the Upstream Writer, shows this to be very true as she reviews books as well as writes them.  Leslie doesn't have any books finished yet, but she is definitely getting there.  Her blog is definitely worth checking out for all the goodies and advice, as well as insights on various books she has read.

Definitely someone to keep an eye on!

I managed to slide in two questions for today's feature.

1) When did you first realize you were going to be a writer?
Probably the moment came way back when I was first getting into reading children's novels. I came across a book I distinctly recalled having read before... but as I read, I became confused because the story I remembered was NOT the story in the book! That's when I realized that, a few years prior, when I was just learning to read, I had "read" the pictures in this very book, looking at them and making up my own story for each illustration! As soon as I learned how to spell and make letters, I began writing down the stories that would come to my head. I guess you can say I've made a lifelong habit of writing!

2) Describe your ultimate writing space.
Umm, a comfy chair is a must: one that supports an erect posture, but is also wide enough if I want to curl up and prop my knees up. A desk, to put a notebook or computer on, with supports for the wrists and an easy keyboard, not a big clunky one. Shelves for notebooks, a holder for pens, and a little stool for my feet! Oh, and a large picture window that I can stare out for inspiration. That would be the ultimate ideal

Connect with Leslie:
https://www.facebook.com/LeslieConzattiWriter/


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Pokemon Go works (or why I went from being a hater to loving it)

Okay, by now everyone and their brother have probably heard about Pokemon Go.  When it first came out I was like many who thought it was stupid.  People are running around, trying to catch a fake monster on their phones and tablets, and someti
mes being really stupid and trespassing, walking off of cliffs or into traffic.

Not for me.

So, what made me change my mind?

It had everything to do with researching everything I could find on it, including how it works and what makes the programming tick.

(Disclaimer: This blog post is not meant as a gameplay guide.  You may get a few tips and tricks from it, but the intent to find such is not here)

The first thing to note is how the Pokemon spawn rate works.

First things first:  If you're sitting someplace rural, you're probably SOL.  The reason is that the spawn rate/chance is directly linked to cell data and how many people in that area are actually playing or have played recently.  It doesn't matter if there is a Pokestop with a…

Author Interview: Kat Caffee (Author of the Followers of Torment Series)

This is outside of the Book Blog Tour, but I had the opportunity to "sit down" (ie: chat online with) another talented author, and the only day I had was today.  Out of that chat came this fantastic interview with author Kat Caffee, author of the fantasy series, the Followers of Torment.  She has a new book coming out, and a brand spanking new website.

What better time than now to post this?

Exactly what I thought!

The Interview
1) When did you first discover your love for writing?
I’m actually an “accidental author” to be honest.  I’ve been a story teller from a very young age (somewhere back around 2nd or 3rd grade if memory serves), but I have always had trouble getting the stories down into some form of long-term form.  The current saga I’m working on, and the series that are lining up at the doors behind it, are the first stories that have come through the fires with any hope of completion.  I’ve had to take a brief detour right now, before I can honor the tone behind my …

Between Silence and Fire - Book Three of the Kingdom of Walden Series - On Shelves October 28th, 2016

I'm really pleased to announce that the third book of the Kingdom of Walden Series, Between Silence and Fire, will be on shelves everywhere on October 28th, 2016. Some retailers already are selling it (Kindle) but you have one last week to wait if you want the hardcover.  It's almost here.
I can't believe it's been four years since I first wrote After Oil and started this whole thing.  You guys have been amazing in pushing me to keep the series going.  I'm sure some of you have also noticed the change from "Trilogy" to "Series"...
... Why is that?
Well, it's not a trilogy anymore!
You wanted more - and now you've got it.  I have already written (and apparently on Kobo it, too, is available for pre-order now) the fourth book of this series, Ghostwalker.  Ghostwalker will pick up almost immediately after this one ends... and you won't have as long a wait between this book and Ghostwalker.  Unlike these past three books, Ghostwalker wa…