Skip to main content

Post NaNo Coma Alert!

I realize the last post probably seems a bit like a time warp considering it clearly says there's a few days left in November and we are most definitely almost midway through December... already.

(*AAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!*)

Screaming aside this means I have long finished the first draft to The Last Iron Horse, and yes... it did come in over the 100k mark.  In fact the final word count was 105,340 words.  That being said I am taking a break and not even looking at the manuscript.  I have a few other projects that are overdue and need to be finished up before I do.

That being said...

... It's December!  Why are we even talking about manuscripts and editing and work in general?  The holidays are upon us and we should be celebrating our family and the achievements of the previous year.  And yes, planning for the next but that can come later... as in after Boxing Day later when it's time to put the final polish on whatever New Year's resolution we might have before it's time to declare it.

Of course this means a whole other scream is due.

... I haven't even started my shopping yet (*hides head in shame*) but I have a valid excuse!  NaNo swallowed my brain this year and once I had momentum going I had to finish the behemoth before I lost steam.

Now that it's over and the TGIO parties have long since died down I am going to sleep for a few days.  I call this "Post Nano Coma" and, yes, it's the reason I'm not looking at anything writing related until after New Year's... outside of this blog, of course which is -- finally -- back on a weekly schedule and will remain that way.

Other than that I think I'm going to just head over here and play some EVE or some Skyrim until my eyes bleed and my brain has a chance to recover properly...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Pokemon Go works (or why I went from being a hater to loving it)

Okay, by now everyone and their brother have probably heard about Pokemon Go.  When it first came out I was like many who thought it was stupid.  People are running around, trying to catch a fake monster on their phones and tablets, and someti
mes being really stupid and trespassing, walking off of cliffs or into traffic.

Not for me.

So, what made me change my mind?

It had everything to do with researching everything I could find on it, including how it works and what makes the programming tick.

(Disclaimer: This blog post is not meant as a gameplay guide.  You may get a few tips and tricks from it, but the intent to find such is not here)

The first thing to note is how the Pokemon spawn rate works.

First things first:  If you're sitting someplace rural, you're probably SOL.  The reason is that the spawn rate/chance is directly linked to cell data and how many people in that area are actually playing or have played recently.  It doesn't matter if there is a Pokestop with a…

Between Silence and Fire - Book Three of the Kingdom of Walden Series - On Shelves October 28th, 2016

I'm really pleased to announce that the third book of the Kingdom of Walden Series, Between Silence and Fire, will be on shelves everywhere on October 28th, 2016. Some retailers already are selling it (Kindle) but you have one last week to wait if you want the hardcover.  It's almost here.
I can't believe it's been four years since I first wrote After Oil and started this whole thing.  You guys have been amazing in pushing me to keep the series going.  I'm sure some of you have also noticed the change from "Trilogy" to "Series"...
... Why is that?
Well, it's not a trilogy anymore!
You wanted more - and now you've got it.  I have already written (and apparently on Kobo it, too, is available for pre-order now) the fourth book of this series, Ghostwalker.  Ghostwalker will pick up almost immediately after this one ends... and you won't have as long a wait between this book and Ghostwalker.  Unlike these past three books, Ghostwalker wa…

The Zen of Inbox Zero

What most people don't realize about me is that I'm incredibly organized.  
I have to have a clear and clutter-free desktop (both on my computer and physically) and even my emails have to be cleared from my inbox.

I don't mean deleting them--I mean the zen of having a place for everything and filing it away to its place like you would with your various papers in life and your office.  This has a few benefits to me, and others who subscribe to the philosophy.  First off, to move an email to its corresponding folder means you've dealt with it and if you need to deal with it again later, it is easily found in the folder.  Mind you, using Gmail also has another benefit which is the search utility, but I still like to organize it all into the various folders and sometimes even subfolders because I like knowing... just knowing... where things are.

To open my inbox and only see emails that I haven't dealt with (or none at all) leaves me with this sense of peace that I hav…